Bernard M. Seger, M.D.
Sports Medicine, Arthroscopic, Knee and Shoulder Surgery
Bernard M. Seger, M.D, graduated from his parents’ alma mater at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston where his mother was the first Hispanic woman to graduate with a degree in medicine.
Dr. Seger went on to complete his orthopaedic residency at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, finishing in 1984 with fellowship training in arthroscopic surgery.
He served on the clinical staff at Baylor College of Medicine as well as Shriners Hospitals for Children for three years before relocating to Corpus Christi with his wife, Kim, and now three children. He was board certified by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery in 1986. He specializes in arthroscopy of the knee and shoulder.
Dr. Seger’s major areas of interest include cartilage abnormalities, ligament reconstructions and realignment procedures. He performs the majority of the unicompartmental knee arthroplasties in the Corpus Christi area.
Dr. Seger remains active in the Nueces County Medical Society, Texas Medical Association, and American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery, as well as the International Cartilage Repair Society where he has been a member since 1998.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Diplomate 1986-1996
- Sports Medicine and Knee Surgery
- University of Notre Dame-South Bend, Indiana 1971
- Instituto de Cultura Hispanica-Madrid, Spain 1972
- University of Texas- Austin, Texas – B.A – Zoology 1975
- University of Texas Medical Branch- Galveston, Texas M.D 1979
- Baylor College of Medicine – Houston, Texas – Orthopaedic Surgery Residency 1981-1984
- Baylor College of Medicine – Flexible Internship 1980
- Studied Sports Medicine with James R. Bocell, M.D through Baylor College of Medicine January 1984- June 1984
- Studied Sports Medicine with G. Williams-Woods, M.D through Baylor College of Medicine April 1984- June 1984
Societies and Memberships:
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Texas Medical Association
- Nueces County Medical Society
- Phi Rho Sigma Medical Fraternity
- Mu Delta Honor Society
- International Cartilage Repair Society (ICRS)
- European Society of Sports Trauma, Knee Surgery & Arthroscopy (ESSKA)
Click here to view Dr. Seger’s complete profile